Friday, November 25, 2022

Guitars Vs. Rayguns! An eventual collection of short stories

Sometime in between the Spring 2023 publication of my first book and the eventual (I hope!) publication of my proposed book The Greatest Record Ever Made! (Volume 1), I intend to poke at the idea of self-publishing a collection of my short stories. Because...why not? Here is the tentative Table of Contents for that hypothetical collection, Guitars Vs. Rayguns! 

Guitars Vs. Rayguns!
Home Of The Hits
Pop Friction
Montie Pylon Finds His Holy Grail
The Picture Of Amontillado
Sword Of The Chosen One
The Greatest Thud Never Heard
Rain-Hat Sam
The Traitor's Tour Guide To Hell
Dreaming Deadly
Seven Minutes To Blackout
The Junk Food Of Your Life

All of the above is very much subject to change, and the whole idea is still in the Hey-wouldn't-it-be-cool? stage. The book will not contain any of my connected Copperhead Kid stories; I would still prefer to develop those into a novel instead.

Three of the stories listed here have not yet been completed, and could certainly be removed from the book if, y'know, I don't feel like finishing them in the short term. With or without them, I think I have enough material to move forward.

That other book coming out in the spring is the first priority, and I'm continuing to work on the GREM! book, too. But that's all nonfiction, and I feel a need to get a book of my fiction out into the world. My expectations are modest. Nonetheless, I do think it's about time I told some stories.


If you like what you see here on Boppin' (Like The Hip Folks Do), please consider supporting this blog by becoming a patron on Patreonor by visiting CC's Tip Jar. Additional products and projects are listed here.

This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio with Dana & Carl airs Sunday nights from 9 to Midnight Eastern, on the air in Syracuse at SPARK! WSPJ 103.3 and 93.7 FM, and on the web at http://sparksyracuse.org/ You can read about our history here.

I'm on Twitter @CafarelliCarl

No comments:

Post a Comment