Wednesday, November 9, 2022

POP-A-LOOZA: THE GREATEST RECORD EVER MADE! The Lost Chapters

Each week, the pop culture website Pop-A-Looza shares some posts from my vast 'n' captivating Boppin' (Like The Hip Folks Do) archives. The latest shared post is an essential tangent to a long-gestating project of mine: The Greatest Record Ever Made!: The Lost Chapters!

Can't talk about my long-threatened book The Greatest Record Ever Made! (Volume 1) without shouting its mantra: An infinite number of tracks can each be THE greatest record ever made, as long as they take turns. A lot of fine songs have taken their own infinite turns in this series; today's shared post lists tracks for which I completed individual GREM! chapters, but the book itself is also done, awaiting a determination of its path forward.

As I prepare for the Spring 2023 publication of a different work that will be my first book--this week, the publisher sent me the copyedited manuscript for review--I have a growing confidence that my Greatest Record Ever Made! book will also find its way to eventual publication. 

There is no rational justification for this confidence. I feel it nonetheless. 

That confidence may not quite extend to the theoretical possibility of following The Greatest Record Ever Made! (Volume 1) with a sequel. BUT! If that were to happen, i already have a bunch of its chapters written. Those chapters--the lost chapters, for now--are the subject of the latest Boppin' Pop-A-Looza.

If you like what you see here on Boppin' (Like The Hip Folks Do), please consider supporting this blog by becoming a patron on Patreonor by visiting CC's Tip Jar. Additional products and projects are listed here.

This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio with Dana & Carl airs Sunday nights from 9 to Midnight Eastern, on the air in Syracuse at SPARK! WSPJ 103.3 and 93.7 FM, and on the web at http://sparksyracuse.org/ You can read about our history here.

I'm on Twitter @CafarelliCarl

No comments:

Post a Comment