Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Book Stuff


A brief update regarding the status of my first book

Yeah, I'm referring to the mystery book that is **NOT** The Greatest Record Ever Made! (Volume 1), but which remains on schedule for Spring 2023 publication. Nonfiction. Music history. That's all I'm at liberty to say about it at this time.

Last week, the publisher's editorial and design manager sent me the copyedited manuscript for review. I made slight revisions where appropriate, and returned the final draft on Friday (well ahead of deadline). Designation as "final" is subject to change, of course, but I believe we're just about there. 

In search of useful blurbs, the marketing department has already distributed pdfs of the book to a few knowledgeable resources. I haven't yet seen any of the responses, but one of these resources mentioned to me that he thought the book was great. Thanks, Mr. Knowledgeable Resource Person!

The publisher and I have had a brief discussion about the book's cover. Editorial informs me that, once the manuscript is approved, we will move into layout and proofing, and I will have the chance to review all of that when it's ready.

Although the book has been listed for preorder from the usual suspects, the publisher will not announce the book until its cover has been finalized. Soon. Definitely soon. Maybe not before the end of the year, but soon.

This is very, very exciting for me. Reviewing the copyedited manuscript was my first opportunity in months to reread the book in its entirety. I like it. I believe some of you will like it, too.

And I'm hopeful this book will lead to more books, especially the long-threatened Greatest Record Ever Made! thing. I'm also in the process of reviewing that manuscript, with an eye on its future path. Whatever that path may be.

Here's wishing that path leads to bookstores. Meanwhile, my first book is boppin' along that very path right now. Exciting? Oh yes. Yes indeed.

If you like what you see here on Boppin' (Like The Hip Folks Do), please consider supporting this blog by becoming a patron on Patreonor by visiting CC's Tip Jar. Additional products and projects are listed here.

This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio with Dana & Carl airs Sunday nights from 9 to Midnight Eastern, on the air in Syracuse at SPARK! WSPJ 103.3 and 93.7 FM, and on the web at http://sparksyracuse.org/ You can read about our history here.

I'm on Twitter @CafarelliCarl

No comments:

Post a Comment