Thursday, May 30, 2024

TEST PATTERNS: Some TV shows I've never seen

 

Sometimes I like to acknowledge that there are things I don't know. There are books I've never read, movies I've never watched, and--of course--lessons I've never learned.

But today, I'm focusing that acknowledgement on a list of a few TV shows I've never seen. This isn't intended as a smug hipster exercise; although many of these shows would never have interested me, I betcha I would have found myself digging many of these if I'd had the chance to give 'em a chance.

Not a comprehensive list by any means. And I do aim to get around to remedying some of the more glaring gaps in my pop culture c.v. some day.

24
Alias
Ally McBeal
Babylon 5
Barry
Better Call Saul
The Bear
Breaking Bad
Dexter
The Doom Patrol
Downton Abbey
Elementary
Empire
Game Of Thrones
The Handmaid's Tale
House
Law & Order
Lost
The Man In The High Castle
*The New Monkees [I did see the unaired presentation pilot on YouTube]
Orange Is The New Black
Oz
Roots
The Runaways
*The Sopranos [I saw part of one episode]
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
Star Trek: Enterprise
Star Trek: The Next Generation
Star Trek: Picard
Stranger Things
Succession
Swamp Thing
Ted Lasso
Upstairs Downstairs
Veep
The Walking Dead
Weeds
The Winchesters

If you like what you see here on Boppin' (Like The Hip Folks Do), please consider a visit to CC's Tip Jar

Carl's book Gabba Gabba Hey! A Conversation With The Ramones is available, courtesy of the good folks at Rare Bird Books. Gabba Gabba YAY!! https://rarebirdlit.com/gabba-gabba-hey-a-conversation-with-the-ramones-by-carl-cafarelli/

If it's true that one book leads to another, my next book will be The Greatest Record Ever Made! (Volume 1). Stay tuned. Your turn is coming.

This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio with Dana & Carl airs Sunday nights from 9 to Midnight Eastern, on the air in Syracuse at SPARK! WSPJ 103.3 and 93.7 FM, streaming at SPARK stream and on the Radio Garden app as WESTCOTT RADIO. Recent shows are archived at Westcott Radio. You can read about our history here.

I'm on Twitter @CafarelliCarl

4 comments:

  1. By the time you got to the Bs I already thought "ok, call in today and start watching Barry, Better Call Saul, the Bear and Breaking Bad."

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been living a culturally deprived existence. On the other hand, plenty here to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen most of these either, but two titles that are on this list I can unequivocally vouch for: BREAKING BAD and BETTER CALL SAUL. Absolutely masterful storytelling.

    ReplyDelete