Wednesday, October 23, 2024

A beer at night


Our cover graphic above indicates what I chose to do instead of writing a blog Monday night. Just needed to decompress as bit after tripping and falling at work yesterday. I hit the floor hard, but I'm okay. It wasn't anywhere near serious enough to keep me from a planned get-together with our daughter and son-in-law, fresh from their honeymoon. Brenda and I had dinner with Meghan and Austin at a Mexican restaurant, and spent a lovely evening looking at pictures and hearing stories of their trip. We are blessed to have family that we love.

Back home after the visit, I had already decided that I wasn't going to write or watch TV. Although already feeling better, I just wanted to do crossword puzzles and enjoy a bottle of British beer I've been saving. Boppin' can wait.

This morning, I feel better still. I have some things to do today (including our next exciting edition of This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio), and I'll try to squeeze in some work on one or another of my many projects in process. I'm enjoying my coffee. As I've written elsewhere: I enjoy a cup of coffee in the morning more than I ever enjoyed a beer at night. 

I still enjoy a beer at night.

Cheers!

If you like what you see here on Boppin' (Like The Hip Folks Do), please consider a visit to CC's Tip Jar

My new book The Greatest Record Ever Made! (Volume 1) is now available, and you can order an autographed copy here. You can still get my previous book Gabba Gabba Hey! A Conversation With The Ramones from publisher Rare Bird Books, OR an autographed copy here. If you like the books, please consider leaving a rating and/or review at the usual online resources.

This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio with Dana & Carl airs Sunday nights from 9 to Midnight Eastern, on the air in Syracuse at SPARK! WSPJ 103.3 and 93.7 FM, streaming at SPARK stream and on the Radio Garden app as WESTCOTT RADIO. Recent shows are archived at Westcott Radio. You can read about our history here.

No comments:

Post a Comment