Thursday, November 18, 2021

S. W. LAUDEN: Notes From The Modern Pop Underground

Writer S.W. Lauden recently interviewed me (along with my fellow power pop fans Bruce Brodeen and John M. Borack) for an article on power pop/the modern pop underground. The result has been posted by the good folks at Paloma Media, and is available for your reading pleasure here: NOTES FROM THE MODERN POP UNDERGROUND

Lauden, aka Steve Coulter, is well-known to readers of this blog for his work on Go All The Way: A Literary Appreciation Of Power Pop and Go Further: More Literary Appreciations Of Power Pop, a pair of power pop books edited by Lauden and Paul Myers. Steve/S.W. is likewise near 'n' dear to listeners of This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio as the drummer for TIRnRR Fave Raves the Brothers Steve. Steve also did me a personal favor by introducing me to...er, I can't tell you about that yet. But I can direct fans of pop with POWER to check out "Notes From The Modern Pop Underground." It was a pleasure and honor to have my views heard alongside those of recognized pop experts John and Bruce, and I'm grateful to have been included in this. 

TIP THE BLOGGER: CC's Tip Jar!

You can support this blog by becoming a patron on Patreon: Fund me, baby! 

This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio with Dana & Carl airs Sunday nights from 9 to Midnight Eastern, on the air in Syracuse at SPARK! WSPJ 103.3 and 93.7 FM, and on the web at http://sparksyracuse.org/ You can read about our history here.

The many fine This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio compilation albums are still available, each full of that rockin' pop sound you crave. A portion of all sales benefit our perpetually cash-strapped community radio project:

Volume 1: download

Volume 2: CD or download
Volume 3: download
Volume 4: CD or download
Waterloo Sunset--Benefit For This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio:  CD or download

I'm on Twitter @CafarelliCarl.

No comments:

Post a Comment