Wednesday, March 2, 2022

POP-A-LOOZA: Cruisin' Music

Each week, the pop culture website Pop-A-Looza shares some posts from my vast 'n' captivating Boppin' (Like The Hip Folks Do) archives. The latest shared post is a celebration of listening to rockin' pop music in the car. It's called "Cruisin' Music."

The proposed Table of Contents for my long-threatened book The Greatest Record Ever Made! (Volume 1) includes "Cruisin' Music" near the book's end. The book's future is uncertain (and that's putting it mildly), but I'm rearranging its deck chairs while eyeing that big hunk o' ice off the starboard bow. If the book ever becomes a book, it may need to become two books, moving its titular Volume 1 from the rhetorical to the literal, and shuffling some of its material to a hypothetical Volume 2. I've concocted a blueprint for action, reducing the new Volume 1 from 175 songs to 105 songs (or really 107 songs, 'cuz I cheat) and putting the remaining 68 songs toward the 103 ditties to be discussed in Volume 2. In that plan, "Crusin' Music" would also relocate to Volume 2.

There's much for me to decide, but for now, I better get ready for work. As always, I'll have an invigmoratin' soundtrack for my commute. Coffee and music improve any trek. "Cruisin' Music" is the latest Boppin' Pop-A-Looza.

You can support this blog by becoming a patron on Patreonor by visiting CC's Tip Jar. Additional products and projects are listed here.

This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio with Dana & Carl airs Sunday nights from 9 to Midnight Eastern, on the air in Syracuse at SPARK! WSPJ 103.3 and 93.7 FM, and on the web at http://sparksyracuse.org/ You can read about our history here.

I'm on Twitter @CafarelliCarl

No comments:

Post a Comment