Thursday, March 30, 2023

Ramones Stuff (ALL the stuff. And more!)

 

2023 is my year of the Ramones. It's time to start kickin' that year into gear.

As we get closer to the May 2023 publication of my book Gabba Gabba Hey! A Conversation With The Ramones, I'm going to be revvin' up for some Ramones-related posts and activities. But before we get to those, let's have another look at the cover for my book:

Yeah, that's spiffy! To promote the book, I will be appearing on Syracuse's long-running morning TV show Bridge Street, which airs on our ABC affiliate WSYR Channel 9. I'm looking into doing in-stores at a couple of Syracuse area bookshops, and I'm in the midst of organizing a book release party with live music at a local nightclub. I'll tell you more about all of these events as details become available. 

(I would also really like to do an in-store at The Lift Bridge, the book store in my former college town of Brockport, NY. When I was a freshman at Brockport in the fall of 1977, I bought my first Ramones record--the record that changed my life--at a vinyl emporium then located across the street and kitty-corner from The Lift Bridge. It would mean a lot to me to return to the scene of the crime, but I have not heard back from the Lift Bridge folks, and I suspect this ain't gonna happen.)

A podcast and radio host has contacted me about doing an interview on behalf of Gabba Gabba Hey! I don't know if he wants me to say anything about that yet, so I'll wait on announcing until the host gives me the proper hey-ho, let's GO! That said, I am certainly available to speak with any pundits, journalists, DJs, or other antisocial influencers who are open to the idea of having me pounce upon their soapboxes to spread my Gospel according to the Ramones.

Throughout April on This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio with Dana & Carl, I'll be selecting my # 1 favorite individual tracks from each of the Ramones' fourteen studio albums. We'll be playing those back, four songs per week, from April 2 through April 23, with two bonus tracks filling out the bill on our April 23rd show, and selections from each of four live Ramones albums on April 30.  We'll continue to spotlight the Ramones into the month of May, and during Memorial Day Weekend we'll have a special show dedicated in its entirety to the Ramones. That's on May 28, with music from the Ramones themselves, solo Ramones efforts, cool covers of Ramones songs, songs about the Ramones, songs that inspired the Ramones, and other related 1-2-3-4! treats. This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio airs Sunday nights from 9 to Midnight Eastern, at Syracuse's WSPJ 103.3 and 93.7 FM, on the web at http://sparksyracuse.org/, and via the Radio Garden and TuneIn Radio apps as WESTCOTT RADIO. The weekend stops HERE!

And right here at Boppin' (Like The Hip Folks Do), we'll have a few Ramones posts for your glue-sniffin', cretin-hoppin', Blitzkrieg-Boppin' reading pleasure. I will likely go back and finish writing an album-by-album annotated Ramones discography, something I considered but decided against including in the pages of Gabba Gabba Hey! I'm nearly halfway through writing Chewin' Out A Rhythm On My Bubblegum, a long post about my 25 favorite Ramones tracks. I betcha we'll have still more Ramones content huffin' the ol' Carbona in this spot in the very near future.

Of course, if you'd like to read about the Ramones, I have a new book I wanna recommend. Operators are standing by. My year of the Ramones is stationed and ready. The few. The proud. Gabba Gabba.

If you like what you see here on Boppin' (Like The Hip Folks Do), please consider supporting this blog by becoming a patron on Patreonor by visiting CC's Tip Jar. Additional products and projects are listed here.

Carl's new book Gabba Gabba Hey! A Conversation With The Ramones is now available for preorder, courtesy of the good folks at Rare Bird Books. Gabba Gabba YAY!!

This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio with Dana & Carl airs Sunday nights from 9 to Midnight Eastern, on the air in Syracuse at SPARK! WSPJ 103.3 and 93.7 FM, and on the web at http://sparksyracuse.org/ You can read about our history here.

I'm on Twitter @CafarelliCarl

No comments:

Post a Comment