Thursday, June 15, 2023

Fake THIS IS ROCK 'N' ROLL RADIO Playlist: Apartment Music [a snapshot of what I was listening to when I lived in my first apartment]

This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio with Dana & Carl is simply too large a concept to be neatly contained within a mere three-hour weekly time slot. Hence these occasional fake TIRnRR playlists, detailing shows we're never really going to do...but could.

I lived in dorms on campus for the entirety of my college career. After graduating, rather than returning home, I stayed in my college town and got an apartment with my girlfriend, who was still an undergrad. It wasn't her first apartment, but it was my first.

We stayed in that apartment for just a little over two years. This fake playlist serves as a snapshot of my soundtrack during that time. These are all records I owned and played--a lot--when I was a freshly-minted Bachelor of Arts, with a diploma in my hand and a song in my heart. Old songs and (then-) new songs, here's a look back at a few of the many, many records I spun on my girlfriend's Sony turntable when I lived with her in my first apartment.

This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio with Dana & Carl--y'know, the real one--airs Sunday nights from 9 to Midnight Eastern, on the air in Syracuse at SPARK! WSPJ 103.3 and 93.7 FM, and on the web at westcottradio.org You can read all about this show's long and weird history here: Boppin' The Whole Friggin' Planet (The History Of THIS IS ROCK 'N' ROLL RADIO). TAX DEDUCTIBLE DONATIONS are always welcome.

The many fine This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio compilation albums are still available, each full of that rockin' pop sound you crave. A portion of all sales benefit our perpetually cash-strapped community radio project:

Volume 1: download
Volume 2: CD or download
Volume 3: download
Volume 4: CD or download
Waterloo Sunset--Benefit For This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio:  CD or download
***And NOW AVAILABLE! This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio, Volume 5!***
     CD or download

Carl's new book Gabba Gabba Hey! A Conversation With The Ramones is now available, courtesy of the good folks at Rare Bird Books. Gabba Gabba YAY!!

You can follow Carl's daily blog Boppin' (Like The Hip Folks Do) at 
https://carlcafarelli.blogspot.com/

FAKE TIRnRR PLAYLIST: Apartment Music [a snapshot of what I was listening to when I lived in my first apartment]

THE RAMONES: All's Quiet On The Eastern Front
THE GO-GO'S: We Got The Beat
THE ROLLING STONES: Empty Heart
THE UNDERTONES: It's Going To Happen!
NEW MUSIK: Straight Lines
THE YARDBIRDS: Train Kept A-Rollin'
--
QUINCY: Turn The Other Way Around
THE VELVET UNDERGROUND: Sunday Morning
JOAN JETT & THE BLACKHEARTS: Oh Woe Is Me
THE JAM: That's Entertainment!
UTOPIA: I Just Want To Touch You
THE MONKEES: Oh My My
--
THE MC5: Shakin' Street
1.4.5.: She Couldn't Say No
THE TEARJERKERS: Syracuse Summer
LOVE: Can't Explain
PHIL SEYMOUR: Let Her Dance
THE BOBBY FULLER FOUR: Another Sad And Lonely Night
--
HOLLY AND THE ITALIANS: Tell That Girl To Shut Up
TOMMY TUTONE: 867-5309/Jenny
THE RATTLERS: On The Beach
THE WHO: The Punk Meets The Godfather
SHRAPNEL: Go Cruisin'
THE KINKS: Better Things
--
THEM: Gloria
THE LORDS OF THE NEW CHURCH: Open Your Eyes
STIV BATORS: It's Cold Outside
NEW MATH: They Walk Among You
THE JOE PERRY PROJECT: Let The Music Do The Talking
THE DICTATORS: Baby Let's Twist
--
SIMPLY SAUCER: She's A Dog
BLUE CHEER: Summertime Blues
EDDIE COCHRAN: Nervous Breakdown
CHUCK BERRY: Sweet Little Sixteen
THE UGLY DUCKLINGS: She Ain't No Use To Me
THE BONGOS: In The Congo
--
THE MODERN LOVERS: I'm Straight
THE JIMI HENDRIX EXPERIENCE: Fire
THE ROMANTICS: In The Nighttime
THE DAMNED: Wait Till The Blackout
THE REAL KIDS: Now You Know
THE ZONES: New Life
--
THE CHESTERFIELD KINGS: I Can Only Give You Everything
SPLIT ENZ: I Got You
NIKKI & THE CORVETTES: He's A Mover
THE HOLLIES: Holliedaze
THE INSIDERS: Leave Me Alone
THE FLESHTONES: Let's See The Sun
YOKO ONO: Kiss Kiss Kiss
DAVID BOWIE: Panic In Detroit
--
SCREEN TEST: Nothing Really Matters When You're Young
SOFT CELL: Tainted Love
THE GREG KIHN BAND: The Break-Up Song (They Don't Write 'Em)
THE SEARCHERS: Sweets For My Sweet
DAVE EDMUNDS: Girls Talk
SPARKS: Tips For Teens
THE MYSTICS: Doreen Is Never Boring
GREAT BUILDINGS: Hold On To Something
--
THE VENTURES: Walk--Don't Run

No comments:

Post a Comment