Thursday, June 1, 2023

BOPPIN's Monthly Day Off: Ramones crib notes!

 

Once every month, Boppin' (Like The Hip Folks Do) very briefly comes to its senses, just long enough to suspend its guano-crazy commitment to daily public posting. Instead, we prep a private post intended only for our cherished paid supporters.

This month's private post for patrons is a peek at notes from my book Gabba Gabba Hey! A Conversation With The Ramones. These are the notes I brought with me for my in-store appearance at Parthenon Books in Syracuse a couple of weeks ago, and probably what I'll use as reference material for my June 29th appearance at Generation Records in New York.

HEY! Let's not allow a blog's day off to impede the need for hype! Ahem:

IN-PERSON EVENT! On June 29, I will be making an in-store appearance at GENERATION RECORDS, 210 Thompson Street in NYC on behalf of my  new book GABBA GABBA HEY! A CONVERSATION WITH THE RAMONES. The book contains my 1994 interviews with Joey, Johnny, Marky, and C.J., which were cited by the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as essential reading. I'll be at Generation to chat with fellow Ramones fans, talk about the book, the interviews, and how the music of the Ramones impacted my life. If you are in the New York area on June 29th, I would love to see you at Generation Records. Hey-ho, let's GO! 

And with that, this blog's monthly day off commences. If you wanna walk around with me, or at least read my monthly private posts to patrons, you can join up for a mere $2 a month: Fund me, baby! Gabba Gabba, we accept you, we accept you, one of us. Regular daily public posting resumes tomorrow. Yeah, there's no stoppin' this cretin from hoppin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment