Friday, May 10, 2019

Time For Comics


My stacks of unread comic books, plus this week's new additions.
I have gotten really, really behind in my comics reading. I pick up my fresh stack of new comics every Wednesday at Comix Zone in North Syracuse, and I usually get around to reading a few comic books here and there. But the stack of unread comics is getting taller and taller. 

I still love my comics; lack of enthusiasm isn't the problem. It's lack of time, especially as I've been working on trying to write and eventually sell my book The Greatest Record Ever Made. And trying to maintain a daily blog. And trying to keep writing short stories, to co-host a weekly radio show, to meet real-world responsibilities, to watch a few TV shows when I can, and to occasionally waive a cheery hello to my wife.


My unread Walmart DC Comics Giants. I have all but three of them.
In addition to all of the comic books I want to read, I have stacks of regular books, fiction and nonfiction, that I also want to read. Beyond printed material, there are a number of podcasts I'd like to get around to watching and/or hearing, but they're just not going to happen any time soon. I can't spare the time.


A better view of my unread comics, minus the Walmart books
Lest you think this is an oh-woe-is-me whine, let me assure you that's not my intent. There is so much great entertainment awaiting me when I can pencil it into my calendar. I love my comics. I'll find time to enjoy every last one of 'em. 


My unread 2019 Free Comic Book Day haul.
Summer's coming. When I was a kid, summer meant more comics. I see no reason to ever grow out of that.




TIP THE BLOGGER: CC's Tip Jar!

You can support this blog by becoming a patron on Patreon: Fund me, baby! 

Our new compilation CD This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio, Volume 4 is now available from Kool Kat Musik! 29 tracks of irresistible rockin' pop, starring Pop Co-OpRay PaulCirce Link & Christian NesmithVegas With Randolph Featuring Lannie FlowersThe SlapbacksP. HuxIrene PeñaMichael Oliver & the Sacred Band Featuring Dave MerrittThe RubinoosStepford KnivesThe Grip WeedsPopdudesRonnie DarkThe FlashcubesChris von SneidernThe Bottle Kids1.4.5.The SmithereensPaul Collins' BeatThe Hit SquadThe RulersThe Legal MattersMaura & the Bright LightsLisa Mychols, and Mr. Encrypto & the Cyphers. You gotta have it, so order it here. A digital download version (minus The Smithereens' track) is also available from Futureman Records.

No comments:

Post a Comment