Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Virtual Ticket Stub Gallery Challenge



And now for something marginally different.

A popular Facebook thread from a couple of years ago--listing ten musical acts you've seen live plus one ringer you've never seen, challenging your friends to identify the one that's not like the others--has come up again. These things can be fun, so I can't even muster any fake annoyance at them. I did my list challenge in 2017, and I'll repeat it at the end of this post. But I also want to try a similar challenge inspired by that.

Here are 22 acts, each of whom I have seen in live performance at least once. In fact, I've seen most of them more than once. Your challenge: identify the two acts that I've only seen a single time. I'll skip listing The Flashcubes, The Monkees, and The Ramones, since most of you know I've seen both acts multiple times (each time great!).

The Bangles
The Beach Boys
Blotto
The Burns Sisters
Cockeyed Ghost
Cheap Trick
The Chesterfield Kings
The Fleshtones
Herman's Hermits
Joan Jett & the Blackhearts
David Johansen
The Kinks
KISS
Let's Active
Mary Lou Lord
Willie Nile
The Replacements
The Rolling Stones
The Romantics
The Searchers
The Skeletons
The Strawberry Zots

No prizes, no kudos, and I already respect you for readin' my blog, so engage or not as you wish. For kicks, here's my original challenge from 2017 (amended by one to avoid duplication with acts in the new list):


Bandwagon jumper me! Ten acts I've seen live, plus one ringer:
The Ventures
U2
Regis Philbin
Wang Chung
Baha Men
The Rascals
The Everly Brothers
Prince
Ray Charles
Gene Pitney
Culture Club

I have tickets for a stop on this year's Happy Together tour, so The Turtles will soon join the ranks of acts I've seen more than once, and I'll finally--finally!--add The Cowsills to my Virtual Ticket Stub Gallery. The gallery grows!


TIP THE BLOGGER: CC's Tip Jar!
You can support this blog by becoming a patron on Patreon: Fund me, baby! 

Our new compilation CD This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio, Volume 4 is now available from Kool Kat Musik! 29 tracks of irresistible rockin' pop, starring Pop Co-OpRay PaulCirce Link & Christian NesmithVegas With Randolph Featuring Lannie FlowersThe SlapbacksP. HuxIrene PeñaMichael Oliver & the Sacred Band Featuring Dave MerrittThe RubinoosStepford KnivesThe Grip WeedsPopdudesRonnie DarkThe Flashcubes,Chris von SneidernThe Bottle Kids1.4.5.The SmithereensPaul Collins' BeatThe Hit SquadThe RulersThe Legal MattersMaura & the Bright LightsLisa Mychols, and Mr. Encrypto & the Cyphers. You gotta have it, so order it here. A digital download version (minus The Smithereens' track) is also available from Futureman Records.




No comments:

Post a Comment