Thursday, July 18, 2024

THE GREATEST RECORD EVER MADE! (VOLUME 1): Link to my TV appearance, plus updates on other related stuff

I had an absolute blast yesterday with my Bridge Street appearance on Syracuse's NewsChannel 9. Bridge Street hosts Steve Infanti and Iris St. Meran made me feel welcome as we discussed my new book The Greatest Record Ever Made! (Volume 1). Producer Erik Columbia complimented me for making the hosts laugh, and a splendid time was bludgeoned into the craniums of all. Many, many thanks to Erik, Steve, Iris, Kate Thornton, Tim Fox and everyone else at Bridge Street for all of the everything they did. If you missed it, you can see my Bridge Street segment here.

Next up, of course, is my in-store this Friday evening, July 19th, at Parthenon Books, 333 South Salina Street in Syracuse. Parthenon is across the street from The Landmark Theatre, a venue immortalized in my book's chapter about the Kinks. I'll be at Parthenon from 6 to 7 pm, chatting about all things GREM!, and probably reading a chapter or two from the book. Parthenon has GREM! in stock, so here's your chance to snag a copy for your own bad self.

Previously on The Adventures Of GREM!, we've seen recommendations of the book courtesy of The Ego Has Landed and Remember The Lightning, and thrilled to WDHA-FM The Rock Of New Jersey DJ Jim Monaghan's chat with me on his show All Mixed Up. Looking ahead, there will be a review of the book in the next issue of Shindig! magazine (# 154, on sale in August), and I'll be hypin' and hawkin' the book with David Bash and Mark Hershberger in mid-August on their essential weekly show Material Issues. In between your Shindig! and your Material Issues, my This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio co-host Dana Bonn and I will be guests on another of my favorite weekly podcasts; the specifics of that announcement will follow in due time. I'll also be doing a text Q & A with one of my favorite music journalists some time in the near future. Stay tuned!

And that's all that's set at the moment. If you have a forum, I'm open to to it. But first, let's see what we can do at Parthenon this Friday.

If you like what you see here on Boppin' (Like The Hip Folks Do), please consider a visit to CC's Tip Jar

My new book The Greatest Record Ever Made! (Volume 1) is now available for order; you can see details here. My 2023 book Gabba Gabba Hey! A Conversation With The Ramones is also still available, courtesy of the good folks at Rare Bird Books

This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio with Dana & Carl airs Sunday nights from 9 to Midnight Eastern, on the air in Syracuse at SPARK! WSPJ 103.3 and 93.7 FM, streaming at SPARK stream and on the Radio Garden app as WESTCOTT RADIO. Recent shows are archived at Westcott Radio. You can read about our history here.

I'm on Twitter @CafarelliCarl

No comments:

Post a Comment