Wednesday, July 17, 2024

TODAY ON SYRACUSE TELEVISION: My new book THE GREATEST RECORD EVER MADE! (VOLUME 1)

WEDNESDAY JULY 17, 2024

Today, I will be appearing on the popular local morning TV talk show Bridge Street to discuss my new book The Greatest Record Ever Made! (Volume 1). I will be an in-studio guest, and I hope my friends in the 315 can tune in to see me chatting with the Bridge Street hosts about all things GREM! Bridge Street airs from 10 to 11 am on Syracuse's NewsChannel 9.

This will be my third appearance on Bridge Street. Coincidentally, today's appearance comes precisely ten years after my Bridge Street debut, July 17, 2014, when I joined Flashcubes bassist Gary Frenay and my This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio co-host Dana Bonn to hype on behalf of Bright Lights!, the live Syracuse Punk And New Wave Reunion show that was happening that week in '14. And of course I was on Bridge Street last year promoting my then-new book Gabba Gabba Hey! A Conversation With The Ramones. You can still see my 2023 Bridge Street Ramones appearance here; alas, the Bright Lights! spot has withdrawn its shy self from the interwebs. Time waits for no one!

It's always a pleasure to be on Bridge Street, and I'm very much looking forward to this opportunity to spread the GREM! Gospel. Bridge Street does not stream live, but today's individual show segments should be posted to Channel 9's website some time this afternoon. 

But if you're in Syracuse and its surrounding areas, you can tune in LIVE on colorful Channel 9 from 10 to 11 am. Channel 9? Hey! That was the home of Baron Daemon, whose single "The Transylvania Twist" earns a chapter in The Greatest Record Ever Made! (Volume 1).

Well then! I'm bringing my Baron Daemon 45 with me for good luck. Grab a hold of your baby and hold her tight....

If you like what you see here on Boppin' (Like The Hip Folks Do), please consider a visit to CC's Tip Jar

My new book The Greatest Record Ever Made! (Volume 1) is now available for order; you can see details here. My 2023 book Gabba Gabba Hey! A Conversation With The Ramones is also still available, courtesy of the good folks at Rare Bird Books

This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio with Dana & Carl airs Sunday nights from 9 to Midnight Eastern, on the air in Syracuse at SPARK! WSPJ 103.3 and 93.7 FM, streaming at SPARK stream and on the Radio Garden app as WESTCOTT RADIO. Recent shows are archived at Westcott Radio. You can read about our history here.

I'm on Twitter @CafarelliCarl

No comments:

Post a Comment