Thursday, July 11, 2024

BOPPIN's all-too-rare day off

As a daily blog, Boppin' (Like The Hip Folks Do) carries a commitment to post something every day. It doesn't have to be anything substantive--one could argue that I never post anything substantive to begin with--but it needs to be...something. When I had a Patreon page, I would take one day each month off from public posting and provide a private post for patrons. Even then, though, I still made a public post about, y'know, not making a public post.

Today's day off is kinda like that. I'm not doing private posts anymore, but I want to acknowledge the need to pause for a hot second and reflect. My long-threatened book The Greatest Record Ever Made! (Volume 1) was published yesterday, and yesterday I did an interview on the book's behalf with Jim Monaghan of WDHA-FM The Rock Of New Jersey; the interview will air on Jim's Sunday morning show All Mixed Up. I have a ton of things to do; I have to proofread books written by two of my author friends, and while it's a pleasure to read two such excellent books, I still need to rope out time to do that. I have two other yet-to-be-written books of my own awaiting my attention, and of course the continuing task of promoting this thing of wonder called GREM! (Volume 1). I have a TV appearance next Wednesday, and an in-store at Syracuse's Parthenon Books on Friday, July 19th. 

Busy.

So: Pause. Just for today, at least for now. I believe I will continue to maintain Boppin' as a daily blog, but today's post is all about acknowledging breathing space, and maybe exulting an eensy bit in the fact that my GREM! book has at long last seen print.

It's a good feeling, man. It's a good, good feeling.

If you like what you see here on Boppin' (Like The Hip Folks Do), please consider a visit to CC's Tip Jar

My new book The Greatest Record Ever Made! (Volume 1) is now available for order; you can see details here. My 2023 book Gabba Gabba Hey! A Conversation With The Ramones is also still available, courtesy of the good folks at Rare Bird Books

This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio with Dana & Carl airs Sunday nights from 9 to Midnight Eastern, on the air in Syracuse at SPARK! WSPJ 103.3 and 93.7 FM, streaming at SPARK stream and on the Radio Garden app as WESTCOTT RADIO. Recent shows are archived at Westcott Radio. You can read about our history here.

I'm on Twitter @CafarelliCarl

No comments:

Post a Comment