Tuesday, June 28, 2022

BOPPIN's Monthly Day Off

Once a month, Boppin' (Like The Hip Folks Do) takes a brief pause from its clinically-stupid commitment to daily public posts. On that day, we slap together a li'l sumpin solely for both of our paid supporters. This month's private post for patrons is another (potential) chapter from my long-threatened book The Greatest Record Ever Made! (Volume 1), this time casting its dim widdle spotlight on "We Used To Be Friends" by the Dandy Warhols. I knew the song from its use as the opening theme to the TV series Veronica Mars. But the song itself connects to a deeper and darker regret I still feel inside.

Because of its personal nature and the emotions tethered to it, this chapter is not in the book's current blueprint. But...it may still wind up in the book, if there is a book. 

Meanwhile, it will be available later this week for my patrons. You can become one of my patrons via this convenient link: Fund me, baby! The private post goes out on Friday. Regular daily public posting resumes tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment