Saturday, June 25, 2022

POP-A-LOOZA: THE EVERLASTING FIRST! Dawn, The dB's, The Dead Boys, Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich, The Dickies, The Dictators, and The Drifters

Don Rickles introduced me to the Dickies...?! Talk about firing a rocket!

Each week, the pop culture website Pop-A-Looza shares some posts from my vast 'n' captivating Boppin' (Like The Hip Folks Do) archives. The latest shared post looks back at Quick Takes of my introductions to the music of Dawn, the dB's, the Dead Boys, Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich, the Dickies, and the Drifters in another exciting installment of The Everlasting First!



A mixed group? It's all pop music. In my A-Z series The Everlasting First, this 2016 entry was part of the first time I split off my Quick Takes as a post separate from the main post for that letter. As I recall, I did that because my original entry for the letter D ran long, so I prepped the Quick Takes to run on their own for one letter only.

I don't remember if the original Quick Takes for D post included comics alongside your Drifters, Dawn, and Dave Dee. Probably? Later, I decided that the music and comics posts should be separate, and the Quick Takes should likewise be their own thing. The decision was retroactive, so (among others) the original D is for THE DAMNED and DOC SAVAGE post became D Is For THE DAMNED and D is for DOC SAVAGE.

The Everlasting First has since made it through the letter T, and I hope to resume the series some time soon with an undertaking of U is for...Uncle Scrooge? The Undertones? I'll figure it out. Meanwhile, my introductions to a big ol' bunch of musical acts filed under "D" serves as the latest Boppin' Pop-A-Looza.

If you like what you see here on Boppin' (Like The Hip Folks Do), please consider supporting this blog by becoming a patron on Patreonor by visiting CC's Tip Jar. Additional products and projects are listed here.

This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio with Dana & Carl airs Sunday nights from 9 to Midnight Eastern, on the air in Syracuse at SPARK! WSPJ 103.3 and 93.7 FM, and on the web at http://sparksyracuse.org/ You can read about our history here.

I'm on Twitter @CafarelliCarl

No comments:

Post a Comment