Wednesday, June 8, 2022

POP-A-LOOZA: VIRTUAL TICKET STUB GALLERY Snapshot: Opening Acts, Part 2 [Buffalo Edition]


Each week, the pop culture website Pop-A-Looza shares some posts from my vast 'n' captivating Boppin' (Like The Hip Folks Do) archives. The latest shared post is a follow-up to last week's shared post about opening acts, this time spotlighting opening acts I saw in Buffalo in the 1980s.

The larger story of the years I lived in Buffalo was told in The Road To GOLDMINE, a personal reminiscence of my struggles and sporadic triumphs 1982 to 1987. As the title suggests, that was the period leading up to the twenty years I freelanced for Goldmine magazine. The Road To GOLDMINE is one of my favorites among all the many pieces I've written over the years. 

My memories of the '80s are, at best, a mixed bag of emotions. Music is a happy memory. Memories of some musical performances I witnessed in that time frame inform the latest Boppin' Pop-A-Looza.


If you like what you see here on Boppin' (Like The Hip Folks Do), please consider supporting this blog by becoming a patron on Patreonor by visiting CC's Tip Jar. Additional products and projects are listed here.

This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio with Dana & Carl airs Sunday nights from 9 to Midnight Eastern, on the air in Syracuse at SPARK! WSPJ 103.3 and 93.7 FM, and on the web at http://sparksyracuse.org/ You can read about our history here.

I'm on Twitter @CafarelliCarl

No comments:

Post a Comment