Wednesday, June 22, 2022

POP-A-LOOZA: My All-Time Hot 100

Each week, the pop culture website Pop-A-Looza shares some posts from my vast 'n' captivating Boppin' (Like The Hip Folks Do) archives. The latest shared post is a list of my all-time Hot 100.

And yeah, there are dozens of other songs I love about as much as I love many of the ones listed. I have way more than a mere 100 favorite songs.

The subject of favorite songs dovetails with the subject of my long-threatened book The Greatest Record Ever Made! (Volume 1). As noted recently, this battered warhorse of a project is still kicking. A publisher has the manuscript; while there's no odds on whether or not the book will find its home there, the publisher himself has said he's digging the manuscript, which he described as "such great material." I'm made out of hope.

Back to my favorite songs, I have previously posted appreciations of my top 25 Beatles, Monkees, and post-Beatles Paul McCartney tracks, as well as "Imagining/Remembering The Music That Played," an approximation of my all-time Hot 100s when I was a lad of 16 to 22 years old. I did a list of my top five '70s Kinks tracks, and have made vague promises of Top Fives and/or Top 25s of the Hollies, Herman's Hermits, the Rolling Stones, and KISS. Please remember that I am not under oath at any time in the blogging process. 

But I do make an effort to speak my misshapen, mutant truth. An attempt to list my own all-time Hot 100 songs serves as the latest Boppin' Pop-A-Looza.


If you like what you see here on Boppin' (Like The Hip Folks Do), please consider supporting this blog by becoming a patron on Patreonor by visiting CC's Tip Jar. Additional products and projects are listed here.

This Is Rock 'n' Roll Radio with Dana & Carl airs Sunday nights from 9 to Midnight Eastern, on the air in Syracuse at SPARK! WSPJ 103.3 and 93.7 FM, and on the web at http://sparksyracuse.org/ You can read about our history here.

I'm on Twitter @CafarelliCarl

No comments:

Post a Comment